Saturday, February 18, 2012

How and why does the Henry Ford Museum have Lincoln's assassination chair?

I live right by the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn MI and I have always wondered how we received Abraham Lincoln's assassination chair (the chair he was sitting in when she was killed). Does anyone know how the museum inherited this chair. Also, is this the 100% actual chair that he was killed in? Thanks in advance!How and why does the Henry Ford Museum have Lincoln's assassination chair?i thought that pres lincoln was assassinated at the ford theater. maybe they turned it into a museum. he was sitting on the top balcony.How and why does the Henry Ford Museum have Lincoln's assassination chair?Dear Heather,



I can give you a betterl answer to your questian about the lincoln rocking chair, and the correct Ford's Theater is located in Washington DC and is part of our National Park Service . There is more to this story . Interested let me know. Megan H

Report Abuse

How and why does the Henry Ford Museum have Lincoln's assassination chair?I think that Ford might have bought it straight up. I've always liked their presidential limousines! I believe that it has been reupholstered.

No comments:

Post a Comment