Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How much to rebuild a Ford F350 V10 engine?

I am considering buying a 2,000 Ford F350 4X4 V10 with 99,000 miles. I'd want the dependability of a new truck and would want to rebuild the engine. How much would it cost to rebuild the engine? Thanks!How much to rebuild a Ford F350 V10 engine?The way I understand it with those modular engines that ford went to that doing a complete rebuild won't be possible. A lot of the bearings and crap can't be purchased. In reality though that v-10 is one stout engine. My brother has a 2000 3/4 ton that he uses as a farm truck and to the best of my knowledge he has never had to do anything but change the oil in it. By comparison I had a 5.4 liter v-8 in a 1/2 ton and it was a piece of crap. That v-10 is a 5.4 v-8 with two extra cylinders. Back to the v-10, my brother is pushing around 200,000 miles. And being a farm truck it has had more than its share of heavy loads and abuse. Personally if it were me, I would get a 7.3 powerstroke. More pulling power and it would get better mileage than that v-10. Unloaded me and my brother took his truck for a road trip and it averaged 11 mpg on the highway. That is terrible. A 7.3 would average closer to 17 or 18 mpg. And if you are really wanting to rebuild something on that truck, rebuild the front suspension. Them pickups have terrible ball joints and steering components. You will go through a lot of tires.

No comments:

Post a Comment