Saturday, February 18, 2012

How do I remove a stuck ford radio?

I have the ford removal keys, but the clips on the right side of the radio are damaged. So when I try to remove the radio only the left side comes out, but the right side stays put.How do I remove a stuck ford radio?Torch it.How do I remove a stuck ford radio?Everything failed until I forced off the radio faceplate. Once removed, I could easily see the side clips and bend them inward with a flathead screwdriver. Then pulled on radio and it came. The faceplate can later be easily repaired by attaching with small screws. Its actually pretty easy.

Report Abuse

How do I remove a stuck ford radio?There are three methods I usually try, in order:



1. Drill out the edges of the holes in the plastic slightly, so that you can push the removal keys in at a steeper angle. Sometimes this is all it takes to let you engage the clips and pop it out like normal. This usually doesn't work, but it's worth a try.



2. Try to reach up under the dash or through the glove box, and press in the clips from the back. This usually results in scrapes and bruising on your hand and forearm, with no success in removing the radio, but I usually try it anyway, because the next step is



3. Tear apart the front of the Ford radio until you can get to the clips with a cotter pin hook or a pick.



This is why I'll never try to remove a Ford radio with anything but the proper removal tools. Once those clips get bent out of place, the easiest radio removal in the world turns into one of the hardest.



Good luck!How do I remove a stuck ford radio?
take a coat hanger an cut it an make your own din tool but when you bend it take a pair of wire cutters an nick the end of the wire then put the ends in an try to pulling it out with the wire it might work better because the wire is bigger

No comments:

Post a Comment