Saturday, February 18, 2012

How much did you pay to get the spark plugs changed on your Ford Expedition?

I got a quote of $450 and figured that is outrageous. It's a 1998 Ford Expedition 4x4, 5.4. I would change them myself but way to difficult. ThanksHow much did you pay to get the spark plugs changed on your Ford Expedition?That sounds about right. I have done many of these and it is about a four hour job. You have to remove all the coils and also the fuel rail. With quality spark plugs and the applicable labor, you are definately in the ball park. Call around and get some quotes from other shops and you will see.How much did you pay to get the spark plugs changed on your Ford Expedition?
I would have charged $20 dollars plus price of spark plugs

Report Abuse

How much did you pay to get the spark plugs changed on your Ford Expedition?you guys are both getting RIPPED OFF no it should not cost that much. unless you are buying spark plugs made of diamonds or something. do it yourself, you will save a fortune. good luck!How much did you pay to get the spark plugs changed on your Ford Expedition?
try to go other mechanic and see what is up. I always compare to differernt mechanic and got good deals. My is the tahoe and got it for $250 for them to replace the spark plugs. Some of the spark plug is too costly because of the brand name.How much did you pay to get the spark plugs changed on your Ford Expedition?I have been told they charge $175 plus parts. If you know a little bit about cars you can do it yourself, just need about a foot long of 3/8" or 1/2" extensions and about 1/2 a day to do it, The hardest plugs are the ones towards the back and you need to disconect the fuel injector lines to maneuver your hands and the tools. The spark plugs themselves are no more than $50. I would just spend some money on the tools I need (about another $50) and do it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment