Saturday, February 18, 2012

What are some adjustments I can make to the engine of my 1997 Ford Explorer?

I have a 1997 Ford Explorer 5.0L V8 AWD. I want to make some adjustments to the engine to increase the power and horse power. I have heard of something the explorer has that is used in the mustang but the mustang one you have to buy and for the explorer, its already in there. I want an inexpensive way to increase horsepower and i Know i can for this car, but how? Thanks!What are some adjustments I can make to the engine of my 1997 Ford Explorer?here are the simple and easiest improvement for your 5.0, first K%26amp;N air filter, more HP? go w/ K%26amp;N air induction, now you are breathing better, next get rid of the waste(exhaust) X pipe or dual exhaust, also dump the cats if your state does not require emission testing, then any high flow muffler, then the next step burn all that new fuel completely, larger plug wires, brass/copper distributor cap and a hotter coil (msd), the last thing would be a power chip for the computer, these are my simple mods i offer all the time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment