Monday, January 30, 2012

How do I adjust the steering in a 94 ford ranger?

I have a 1994 ford ranger 4 cly and the steering wheel has several inches of play on either side. Once you turn the wheel past that point the steering I'd as rift and responsive as it should be. Is there an adjustment I can make or am I going to have I replace the steering box? Any help is much appreciated.How do I adjust the steering in a 94 ford ranger?First look under the truck as someone wiggles the steering wheel to see where the play is. More than likely you have loose tie rods, or a idler arm. I have never seen a steering box need adjustment on a Ranger!How do I adjust the steering in a 94 ford ranger?if it has a rack then it,s factory adjusted. if you have too much play then probably your rack is worn or a loose tie rod.

No comments:

Post a Comment