Thursday, January 26, 2012

Is the starter on my ford focus covered by warranty?

I bought a 07 ford focus and it has only 14000 miles on it and the starter quit. I bought the car used from a chevy dealer. Would the starter be covered under warranty? Also where should I go to have the starter replaced, the dealer where I bought it from (Chevy) or to a Ford dealer?Is the starter on my ford focus covered by warranty?Take it to a Ford dealer.

It is covered under the warranty %26amp; won't cost you anything!

Your bumper to bumper warranty is 3yr/36,000mi %26amp; your powertrain warranty is 5yr/100,000mi.

You also have FREE Roadside assiatance (which you can use NOW to tow your vehicle to the nearest Dealer for the starter replacement).

The number to call for the Roadside Assistance (towing %26amp; other free services) is 1(800)241-FORD.

Have your vehicle identification number handy %26amp; the registered owners name (I assume the vehicle is in your name?).





There should have been a set of books (owners manuals) included with your vehicle.

If the Chevy dealer didn't provide you with the "warranty guide" booklet, you can download it free from Fords website.

Here is the link to that download: (save it to your computer or print it for future reference)

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/co鈥?/a>



You can also do the same with any of the other books that may not have been provided. Here is the link to Fords site for the other books available:

http://www.genuineservice.com/genuineser鈥?/a>

(enter the vehicle info)



You should also register with the "My Ford" owner resource center,

They send out a quarterly magazine that also usually has coupons in it %26amp; other private offers availeable to Ford owners.

Link to register:

https://myford.fordvehicles.com/servlet/鈥?/a>



Other specials %26amp; promos:

http://www.genuineservice.com/genuineser鈥?/a>





I hope this helps!Is the starter on my ford focus covered by warranty?
You're Welcome!

I am happy that I could help.

;-)

Report Abuse

Is the starter on my ford focus covered by warranty?It should be covered but only a ford dealership does warranty work on ford products,best bet is to contact the place of purchase they may repair it for you or refer you to a ford dealership.Is the starter on my ford focus covered by warranty?
Phone both prior to making the decision for this reason:



The Ford dealership, although more expensive that a place like Pep Boys, knows Fords. The little tweaks that may be needed, although doubtful with a starter, may be known at the dealership.



The Chevy dealership may do the work free, since it is almost certainly part of the power train. (From the engine to the axles, including the transmission.) You are covered, more than likely.



I"f you are short on cash, you could call Auto Zone or Checkers. Starters are sometimes easy to replace.Is the starter on my ford focus covered by warranty?What "Eleanor Baby " said... take it to the Ford dealer, It will be covered free of charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment