Thursday, January 26, 2012

How do I attach a trailer to my Ford Explorer?

I have a 1999 Ford Explorer Sport and I need detailed instructions(pictures would be great but not necessary) about what kind of hitch to get, how to install the hitch, attach the trailer, and connect the trailer's brake lights. The trailer would be about 2500-3000lbs. How do I attach a trailer to my Ford Explorer?Dealers have them ready to fit. It is a specialty job and needs their expertise.

You cannot do it yourselfHow do I attach a trailer to my Ford Explorer?You need to visit a dealer of some kind. I took my Ranger to a U Haul place to have my hitch installed. Besides, the info you require should be in your owner's manual. Maybe Pep Boys?How do I attach a trailer to my Ford Explorer?It all depends on the size of your trailer hitch.

It should say right on top of it.

Find it out then go to the auto store and buy that size.

It will come with a pin and a coter key.

Put the hitch in, install the pin through the matching holes, then stick the coter key in the other end of the pin.



If you have trouble ask the auto parts people.

They might even help you put it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment