Monday, January 23, 2012

If I remove the cats from my 1990 ford ranger, will the check engine light come on?

I drive a beat up abused ford ranger, just today me and a friend cut the muffler off and installed a down pipe. I now want to take the cats out and hollow them to put them back on just in case the truck is ever inspected. I know this is bad for the environment and whatnot. But what Negative things will happen to the truck if I go through with this?If I remove the cats from my 1990 ford ranger, will the check engine light come on?Nothing, back in the day they used to sell "test pipes". I am not sure why you want to do this? If you want more horsepower use a chip and free flow air cleaner, cut the air box. Youtube has a lot about this.

As far as hollowing out a cat, not worth the time and it is not an easy job.If I remove the cats from my 1990 ford ranger, will the check engine light come on?Other than ruining the environment for future generations, failing most emissions tests, and possibly being fined and/or subjected to a stringent Vehicle Inspection test...I believe the answer is nothing ...as long as you don't have an O2 sensor downstream of the Cat.If I remove the cats from my 1990 ford ranger, will the check engine light come on?If you have the O2 sensor in front of the CAT you will be find. Although, it is not a good ideal. The fine would be very high and you really don't get much HP from removing the CAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment