Thursday, January 26, 2012

How do I remove a stereo from a 1996 Ford Bronco?

I just bought an awesome 1996 Ford Bronco from a private seller. He installed an aftermarket stereo in the bronco but lost the face plate. I need to remove the stereo that's in there and put in a different one. I cannot figure out how to take the stereo out of the dash. Do I need to remove the dash? There are no screws showing on the stereo or around it. Thanks for your help!How do I remove a stereo from a 1996 Ford Bronco?you need a fine edged tool to pop the casing loose, then you simply disconnect the wiring by pulling it loose from the connectors or clipping them. When you install the new one you will need to buy connectors.How do I remove a stereo from a 1996 Ford Bronco?Look at the stereo face closely, are there 2 holes on each side? If so you will need a DIN radio tool to remove the radio. You can get the DIN tool at WalMart or any auto supply store for a few bucks. Slide the tool into the holes and pull out, the radio should slide right out.How do I remove a stereo from a 1996 Ford Bronco?Get a radio removal tool at any part store or walmart, they are u shaped and cheap, insert in the 2 holes on each side pull them to the side a little then wiggle the radio side to side as you pull on it.How do I remove a stereo from a 1996 Ford Bronco?
You don't need a radio removal tool, I used a coat hanger i cut into 4 pieces. You just need something to put in all four holes to release the clips, and then the stereo should slide right out.

No comments:

Post a Comment