Monday, January 30, 2012

How do I fix the power windows in my Ford Windstar?

For about two years the power windows in my Ford Windstar haven't worked. I've looked at the fuses both under the steering wheel and in the engine compartment. The one under the steering wheel compartment is not blown, and the one in the engine compartment has been changed, and still won't work. When I try to roll the windows down, there are two clicking noises heard, I'm not sure what that means, any help is welcome.How do I fix the power windows in my Ford Windstar?IF YOU ARE HEARING A NOISE WHEN YOU ACTIVATE THE SWITCH THEN THE SWITCH IS PROBABLY OK. ODDS ARE IT IS THE MOTOR. FORD WINDOW MOTORS HAVE THREE SMALL ROUND PLASTIC PARTS INSIDE THAT OVER TIME GET BRITTLE AND START TO CRUMBLE WHICH MAKES THE MOTOR INOPERABLE.. YOU CAN BUY THESE PARTS BUT UNLESS YOU ARE VERY MECHANICAL MINDED YOU WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO INSTALL THEM SO YOU CAN BUY REPLACEMENT MOTORS FROM A PARTS HOUSE OR TAKE IT TO A BODY SHOP AND HAVE THEM HANDLE THE REPAIR.How do I fix the power windows in my Ford Windstar?i have a windstar too.(1996)



i also had this problem.



i had to open the cover on the door over the switches and replace them with new ones i got from the scrap-yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment